The North is booming and so is my client!
They are Northern Canada’s largest Advertising agency, with offices in Yellowknife, Whitehorse and Iqaluit. They're looking for an adventurous, down-to-earth graphic designer to join their creative team in Iqaluit, Nunavut
You’re a quick-thinking, design focused, problem solver! You’ve sharpened your design ninja skills with at least 3 years of wide-ranging design experience. You slay at Adobe Creative Suite and have a thorough understanding of print and digital design basics. Not only do you bring these skills, but you’re a team player and are willing to think outside the box. (And you own a warm parka….)
Their main clients are in the government, tourism, mining, aboriginal and small business sectors. They present us with a wide variety of projects and challenges, from website design to integrated marketing campaigns to annual reports, videos and one-shot display ads and so much more! You should be able to handle this range of work with ease all from the beautiful capital of Canada’s newest territory.
– Minimum 3-4 years professional graphic design experience in an agency or studio setting;
– Degree in Graphic Design or similar field, or experience to compensate for formal education;
– Experience handling projects through all aspects of the creative process;
– Solid working experience in the Adobe Creative Suite.
– It's a small office, you need to be enthusiastic and a team player, willing to pitch in on some non-design work at times.
– You can roll with multiple projects seamlessly and get to know our clients, their brand, and their voice.
– You’re confident about your abilities and aren’t afraid to try new things, taking client’s products to places they only dreamed about before!
– You have an amazing attention to detail – you don’t just plunk copy into a design, you engage with it, review it and your razor-sharp eyes catch typos, alignment errors or other issues.
– Web design skills are an asset.
– Illustration skills are an asset.
Relocation costs are covered. Total compensation for this position will be$65 - $75K